The Advantage™ Phantom
The Advantage™ Ultrasound Phantom is an easy to use comprehensive means of evaluating ultrasound systems with an effective operating frequency range of 2.25 to 10MHz. The phantom is designed with a combination of monofilament line targets for distance measurements and tissue mimicking target structures of varying sizes and contrast content. Four gray scale targets ranging in contrast from +6 to -3dB are provided to evaluate the system’s displayed dynamic range and gray scale processing performance.
The Advantage™ Phantom offers a new and improved dual scan surface design to easily accommodate linear, sector, endoscopic probes and transesophageal (TEE) probes.
- Dead Zone or Ring-Down (A1 & A2)
- Horizontal Measurement Calibration Linear (C1&C2)
- Horizontal Measurement Calibration Sector (C1 & C2)
- Sensitivity/Penetration (F)
- Vertical Measurement Calibration (B1 & B2)
- Image Uniformity (target-free areas)
- Functional Resolution (F1, F2)
- Focal Zone (B1, B2 or F)
- Axial & Lateral Resolution (E1, E2, E3)
- Contrast, Gray Scale (G1, G2, G3)