Predictions for 2020
G. Wayne Moore, B.Sc., MBA, FASE
Someone once commented that the trouble with predicting is that it’s always about the future. Well, I am not going to let that caveat keep me from making a handful of wild-eyed predictions for 2020. But first an observation about the year itself; if you made 2020 a fraction (20/20) the result would be 1. Setting that astounding fact aside let me offer the following prognostications for the New Year.
1) The US Economy
- The Dow Jones will go above 30,000 by summer and stay there until I can unload my stock
- Unemployment will remain at historic lows, and skilled employees will be increasingly difficult to find and retain because Universities continue expanding the number of degree programs that have no value to anyone in the private sector
- President Trump will handily win reelection (see next bullet point below)
- The Democrats will have a brokered convention and select Walter Mondale to give it another go as their presidential nominee. As the election map from 1984 shows Mondale (now 92 years old) lost in a squeaker to President Reagan
- The New England Patriots will trade Tom Brady for Cleveland, not a player – the entire city
- Full contact Curling will be introduced as a means to attract more viewers to this “sport”
- The FDA will finally release draft guidance for the 3rd party service market – just kidding, there is a higher probability that Mondale will beat Trump
Well that’s it for me – have a great New Year!!
About the Author, G. Wayne Moore:
A 30-year veteran of the diagnostic ultrasound market Wayne has held senior level positions with several major medical equipment manufacturers, including Honeywell Medical Systems and Siemens Medical Solutions. Wayne has been directly involved in the development and commercialization of more than 15 technologically intensive ultrasound systems. He is widely published in diagnostic ultrasound literature, a sought after speaker at medical imaging conferences, has served as an expert witness in multiple ultrasound litigations, and holds more than 16 United States ultrasound related patents. Wayne obtained his MBA from the University of Denver – Daniels College of Business.
He was elected as a Fellow of the American Society of Echocardiography (FASE) in 2009.
Correspondence: Dave Dallaire
1950 Lefthand Creek Lane , Longmont, CO 80501, USA